Some articles on the blog contain affiliate links, which provide a small commission to help fund the blog. However, they won’t affect the price you pay or the blog’s independence. Read more here.
Many people set themselves life goals, but what about our spiritual goals? How do we go about achieving those? In this article, we will discuss what spiritual goals are, why you may want to set them and give you some spiritual goal setting examples.
What is a Spiritual Goal?
Spiritual goals are goals that are motivated by a spiritual belief system. They are often more aspirational than materialistic and often include a desire to improve one’s relationship with oneself, others, or the universe. Spiritual goals can be anything from becoming more mindful to achieving enlightenment. They can be set for short-term or long-term purposes, and can be pursued in a solitary or communal setting.
Why Set Spiritual Goals?
There are many reasons why people set spiritual goals. Some people may want to improve their spiritual lives in order to feel closer to God, or to have a more fulfilling spiritual experience. Others may want to achieve specific spiritual goals, such as becoming more compassionate or forgiving, or becoming a better leader or teacher. Whatever the reason, setting spiritual goals is a important part of growing closer to God.
How to Set and Achieve Spiritual Goals
Spiritual goal setting is an important part of any spiritual practice. It can help you focus on your goals and achieve them. There are many ways to set goals, and it is important to find what works best for you. Some tips for setting spiritual goals include:
1. Look at your life from a spiritual perspective. What are the most important things to you?
What do you want to achieve spiritually? What are your specific objectives? What are your desired outcomes?
Once you have a clear understanding of your spiritual goals , it will be easier to create a plan of action that will help you reach them.
2. Make your goals measurable. How will you know if you’ve achieved them?
One of the most important aspects of goal setting is making sure your goals are measurable. This means that you can track your progress and determine whether or not you’ve achieved your objectives, for example lets say you have a spiritual goal to attain more knowledge about your faith.
One way to measure your progress would be to set a goal of reading one religious book every month, and log what you have read. If you are able to complete this goal, then you can be sure that you are making progress in your knowledge of your faith.
3. Be patient. It can take some time to achieve spiritual goals, but with patience and perseverance, you will eventually reach them.
4. Make your spiritual goals public. One of the best ways to stay motivated and accountable when working towards goals is to make them public. This means that you share them with others, so that everyone can see how you’re doing and help you along the way.
5. Be open to change. As you progress towards your goals, you could find that they may change as you develop spiritually. This is perfectly normal and part of the journey to becoming closer to your faith.
Here are 31 Spiritual Goal Setting Examples:
1. Become a more tolerant person.
2. Read biographies of spiritual leaders
3. Act more forgiving when others wrong you.
4. Try to engage in more charitable activities.
5. Learn to set aside all your preconceived notions.
6. Learn to appreciate what you have.
7. Be more mindful of your actions and the results they have on others.
8. Learn to forgive yourself for past mistakes.
9. Learn about different religions and the spiritual aspects of each.
10. Get more involved in a religious organization.
11. Learn how to argue with respect.
12. Learn not to judge others.
14. Do community service.
15. Spend time in nature.
16. Be more mindful of others.
17. Write about your spiritual journey.
18. Be more compassionate.
19. Praise God more often.
20. Be tolerant towards people who practice other faiths.
21. Perform more good deeds.
22. Be more conscientious in your actions and their consequences.
23. Meditate more often.
24. Get more involved in your religion.
25. Take a class about spirituality or your religion.
26. Take a religious class or seminar.
27. Let go of materialistic things that do not bring you closer to God.
28. Read the scriptures more often.
29. Read a book about spirituality.
30. Go to a retreat.
31. Learn to love everyone even your enemies
Achieving our spiritual goals can be a challenge, but with a little bit of effort, we can reach any goal we set for ourselves. Follow these steps and you will be on your way to achieving your goals.